Candidates for the Senior Structural Engineer position should have experience in design and analysis of a range of project types, including design of new buildings, alterations, renovations, preservation, and investigation of existing buildings.
- Perform analysis and design of structural systems for various types of buildings and materials including steel, concrete, wood, masonry, and historic structures.
- Assist in the direction, coordination, planning, organization, integration, and completion of engineering projects.
- Clearly communicate with clients to understand projects and deliverables.
- Coordination of design work with in-house staff as well as other design professionals including Architects and other Engineering disciplines.
- Master’s degree in Structural Engineering.
- PE License in NYS and/or SE License.
- 4-8+ years of experience in the structural analysis and design of residential, commercial, and/or institutional building projects as a Structural Engineer.
- Forensic investigation, restoration and green building design experience are desirable.
- Proficiency with computer analysis and industry standard software (e.g. RAM, Etabs, Revit, AutoCAD).
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of building fundamentals and codes (ASCE, ACI, AISC, NYC BC, etc)
- Client focused, solution driven and service oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a team-oriented environment and work collaboratively with entire design teams.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering with a structural concentration.
- Master’s degree in civil engineering preferred, but not required
- 1-4 years of experience.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities required.
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment required.
- Strong computer skills.
- Passion for problem solving and responsibility.
Competency in BIM modeling and structural drawing production, specializing in Autodesk Revit, is required. The successful candidate will be highly motivated and detail-oriented, understanding construction methodology as it applies to structural engineering, and its application in BIM Modeling processes and structural drawing production.
- Create, manage, and update 3D BIM models of building structures using Autodesk Revit software to support engineering and technical staff.
- Create and manage drawing sets of structural plans, sections, elevations, and details generated from 3D BIM models.
- Create, manage, and update 2D CAD-based structural drawings using Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture software.
- Take responsibility for the quality of the work produced. Follow company standards. Back-check own work.
- Be able to, work independently and as a team, reporting to a BIM Manager and engineering staff.
Skills and Experience
- Associates degree in building information modeling or related field, or bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience using Autodesk Revit in a professional setting preferred.
- Experience working with building structures and structural drawings.
- Working knowledge of current Autodesk Revit software versions.
- Experience using AutoCAD in the production of 2D Drawings is highly desired.
- Detail-oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of other BIM Modeling related software (Navisworks, Advance Steel, Tekla, 3DS Max, Rhino) is beneficial but not required.